Natural facial recipes are a great way to perk up your day and your skin. You don’t even have to worry about any chemicals or bad ingredients that are in it because you can make it yourself. You can then build your entire skin care routine on the skin stuff that you come up with in your kitchen. It’ll be an easy and fun DIY project that you (or maybe some of your friends) can do.
Today, we are going to learn how to make a fantastic mask that will refresh your senses (because it smells so good) and it will also help rejuvenate and hydrate your skin, leaving it soft and supple. We’re going to make a Strawberry Yogurt Mask!
Here’s what you need:
- Honey – Raw is better. You’d need approximately 1 tbsp of it.
- Lemon juice – Freshly squeezed please. Get 2 tsp ready.
- Plain yogurt – Go for the organic kind. Measure and take out 1 tbsp.
- Fresh strawberries that are mashed – You’d need around 2 tbsp of it.
- A mixing bowl.
1. Get all your ingredients and tools ready. As mentioned, it would be loads better if you can go for the organic stuff but if you don’t have any, it will be alright to use the regular stuff. Oh and remember to mash the strawberries ahead of time.
2. Get your mixing bowl or container and then mix everything in there.
3. You don’t have to mix everything vigorously. Maybe once, twice or three times around the bowl with a spoon will work. Just make sure that everything looks blended together.
4. With clean hands (clean hands are important), pat on the mixture to your face. Cover all areas of your face while avoiding your eyes. Leave the mask on for 10-15 minutes.
5. Rinse your face with warm water and then pat it dry. You can apply moisturizer afterwards.
Did You Know:
- that strawberries contain salicylic acid that can remove dead skin cells and minimize pores? It will help make your complexion brighter and smoother.
- that yogurt is great for hydrating and soothing the skin? This component would be best for moisturizing. Since it also has a soothing effect, it can minimize your face’s redness.
- that honey is a natural anti-oxidant? That’s why it’s best for you to mix the raw kind into your face mask. It has anti-microbial properties which will take care of the pimples that are already there and it will also prevent new pimples from forming.
- that lemon juice can also help in eliminating unsightly pimples and pimple scars? Yes it can because it has anti-bacterial and whitening properties.
Isn’t the mask great? Your skin will get all the benefits that we mentioned just from mixing 4 natural ingredients that aren’t even that difficult to find.
Now, the question is, how often do you need to do the mask? Generally speaking, it would be ideal to apply the mask on your face once every week. This, however, is not something that’s fixed. If you have acne problems, you can go for twice a week.
The frequency would depend on your skin’s current state. Since it’s organic, you can apply it on for as many times as you want as long as it doesn’t exceed three times a week.
The main reason for you to apply it 3 times a week max would be because of your skin’s reaction. We all have different skin types and our skin reacts to different products in different ways. You could be allergic to honey or to the lemon juice (unlikely since it’s all natural and/or organic but there’s still a small chance of it happening).
Enjoy your smells-good-enough-to-eat masks girls! We’d love to hear how you did with the mask. Feel free to leave a comment below.