Whether you are trying to stick to your New Year’s resolution to lose some holiday pounds you gained over your vacation, or you just really want to be fit and healthier, health and fitness are something that should never be neglected.
However, there really are days when we lack the motivation to work out because it’s very tempting to laze around and stay in our warm and cozy beds just watching Netflix.
Now, because all we need is an extra push, we might as well use some fitness apps that will not only keep our willpower strong, but will also help make working out insanely fun.
- Zombies, Run! – Running is not always a very exciting and fun activity but installing Zombies, Run! will make running truly fun. It’s an app with audio that tells a story about the exercise, while you try to survive a zombie apocalypse. The audio recordings will be explaining to you the mission objectives as you try to discover the mystery of the zombie outbreaks.
- Charity Miles – this app can also be used for running, or when biking or walking. Every time you complete a mile, you will be asked if you agree to donate a few cents to a charity where you get to choose the charity you want to support. So, you do not only run to be fit and healthy, you are also doing it for a good cause.
- FitStar – this is an IOS-only workout app which contains basic workout routines you can follow to encourage you to move more. These routines do not require any equipment so you can get them completed even when you’re home or on the road. Before you even get started, the intensity level that’s right for you will be determined by the app, by running you through a fitness test.
- Spring Moves – this iPhone app called Spring can motivate you to move and keep moving by playing music to help you keep your workout pace until you finish it. The app has the ability to select the ideal music for your pace based on the information you feed it. This is indeed an amazing way to enjoy a wide selection of music while burning some calories.
- Up Coffee – Caffeine significantly affects the quality of your sleep so if you want to figure out how your caffeine intake affects the quality of your sleep, Up Coffee can help you with that. You will realize how too many cups of coffee you had on some days caused you sleepless nights.
- The Walk – this one’s an alternative for Zombies, Run! if you hate running and prefer walking workouts. Similar to Zombies, Run!, this app also incorporates an adventure element and uses audio that does the storytelling to make your walking more fun. As you listen to the audio, you will be tasked to complete different missions that will motivate you to keep moving.
Are you ready to stay fit this 2017? These most fun health apps can probably get you started on working out. The best thing is, through these health apps, you won’t feel like your actually exercising. For more posts, check out our blog.