The notorious blackheads — what could be worse than a nose full of those pesky little polka-dots? Getting rid of them is even harder. Washing your face will only give you temporary relief and scrubbing your face, well, it stings!
If you have this kind of dilemma, well, you’re in luck. Here’s a sure fire way to prevent and get rid of those frustrating blackheads.
Let’s take a closer look!
What are they? Well first of all, we’ll tell you what they’re not. They’re not dirt (Really!). Blackheads are actually dilated hair follicles which have been filled by sebum, bacteria and dead skin cells. They turn black at the top part because of the oxidizing process that takes place when air hits it. Nasty — yes but no one’s safe from blackheads unless you’ve gotten treatment or if you’ve removed them yourself.
We bet you’ve tried dozens of ways to remove your blackheads. Some of them work but let’s admit that some really don’t. So we’ve come up with TWO sure fire ways so you can remove those bothersome blackheads at home.
# 1 is Pore strips. Yes, they do hurt but if you use them correctly, you’ll get amazing results. So this is what you do:
1. Wash your face and then pat it dry. Remember not to wipe because it will cause damage to your skin.
2. Get a bowl of hot water and a towel. Place your face over the bowl to steam your face. And place the towel over your head as well.
3. Pat your face dry with the towel. Remember, pat not wipe.
4. Now your ready for the pore strip. Apply the pore strip snugly to your nose.
5. Wait for a few minutes until the pore strip dries and then slowly remove it.
6. Apply ice over the area where you removed the pore strip to close out your pores.
Alternative: You can do the same steps but instead of using pore strips, you can go for a blackhead extraction tool.
So how many blackheads did you get? You probably got a lot! Steaming your face helps loosen up the oils inside the blackheads which makes them easier to take out.
Moving on to # 2 which is Retin-A. This is more of a skin care regimen. Before using the cream, make sure that you’re not allergic or that your skin is not hypersensitive to it.
1. Use Retin-A once a day, preferably before bedtime.
2. Wash your face thoroughly before bedtime. Pat it dry with a clean towel.
3. Apply Retin-A after a few minutes after washing your face. Waiting a few minutes ensures complete drying of your face.
4. Apply a thin layer of Retin-A over your affected areas. Just a small, pea-sized amount will do. Avoid your eyes and mouth.
5. In the morning, wash your face with a mild scrub or facial wash. Pat dry.
6. Use a moisturizer with an SPF of 15 or 30.
7. Remember to use it just every other night after about the 3rd day. And it’s OK if you want to take a break from applying it.
NOTE: Since Retin-A is still considered as medication, consult your physician before using the product.
Flaking will occur so when this happens wash your face with the mild scrub and apply moisturizer afterwards. A moisturizer with sunscreen is important since you will have increased photosensitivity. The results are amazing once you faithfully stick to the regimen.
We hope you’ve found our ways to remove blackheads helpful. Tell us if it worked for you. Goodluck!