Why ME! I don’t need a pimple now! Yep, just before a big day, out it pops. Don’t stress, it happens to all of us and there is hope! Here’s what you do to help get rid of pimples overnight.
You wake-up one morning, feeling ready and refreshed for tomorrow’s a big day. You go to the bathroom to wash your face and brush your teeth. You move closer to the sink and splash some water to your face. You look up and GASP! A pimple!
The day has just begun so, first of all, don’t panic! There are a lot of ways to make things worse, so first here’s how to prevent them:
1. If you must touch your face, make sure that your hands are clean but avoid touching your pimple. This will cause more irritation to the pimple.
2. There will be a strong urge to pop that sucker out but don’t. Trust us. Things will get worse and bloody, even.
3. Just for today, stay away from oily foods and make sure to drink a lot of water to hydrate yourself.
4. Keep your face clean but don’t over wash. Also, you may want to skip on moisturizers and cosmetics for today.
5. For even more skin care tips and a guide to dealing with acne visit our previous post on how to get rid of acne overnight.
How to get rid of that pimple fast? Here are a few options that you may want to try out:
1. Benzoyl Peroxide
This dries out the pimple, reducing the redness and the inflammation. There are a lot of pimple reducing creams out there that you can try. Read the label before purchasing to make sure it contains benzoyl peroxide.
It may sound silly but it works! Toothpaste can dry out a pimple, also minimizing the swelling. Not so much the redness though. Squeeze a pea-sized amount out and then apply it directly to the pimple. The duration depends on your skin sensitivity but generally you have to leave it on until the toothpaste dries. Wash your face afterwards. It may be a little hard to wash the toothpaste off so warm water is ideal.
3. Tea bags
This is not for drinking to make you more relaxed. You can place a tea bag over your pimple. This also works when you want to minimize the size and the redness. In this case, green tea is ideal. Boil the bag, let it cool and then apply it directly on to your pimple. The duration, again, depends on you.
The Big Day:
The time has come! It’s already the big day. You’ll notice that your pimple hasn’t gone away totally. The goal for yesterday’s remedies were to minimize the size and the redness to make the pimple easier to conceal.
Now, this is where make-up comes in.
Put on foundation before putting on concealer. This way your concealer won’t be smudged out while putting on your foundation. Remember to set your foundation and concealer with a light swirl of powder to make everything matte. Try not to over conceal or overly put on foundation as this will make your face look “cakey”. Continue putting on the rest of your make-up and you’re done!
It’s just like nothing happened! Enjoy your pimple-free day! Good luck.