Knowing how to apply any type of foundation properly can do wonders to your skin. Foundation is literally a miracle worker! The application process of foundation is as crucial as the type you’ve chosen to use.
Getting flawless and dewy looking skin is just moments away with this easy how-to guide on applying the right type of foundation with the right tool to use.
So what’s your type?
There are literally hundreds to choose from! So how do you know what type of foundation is suitable for you? You’ll know the answer to that if you know the answer to this first: What is your skin type?
1. I have oily skin – choose a foundation with an oil-free formula if you’re opting for a liquid one. You can also use powder foundation as this absorbs the oil better.
2. I have dry skin – try using a foundation that’s hydrating. Examples of these are foundations that come in sticks or liquid. If you really want to you use a powder foundation, make sure that its formula is hydrating.
3. I am acne prone – use a foundation with salicylic acid in its formula, which combats pimples. If you have sensitive skin, mineral foundations work best.
4. I have normal skin – lucky for you because you can choose any type of foundation you want. Crème/ mousse foundation is also a good suggestion.
Now that we have that covered (no pun intended), let’s move on to flawless finishes.
Tools to make this happen (choose one):
Flat top brush (multi-purpose)
Stippling brush (multi-purpose)
Or use what mother-nature gave you
Closer and closer to flawlessness! Let’s begin:
1. Make sure all your tools are clean! Prevention is always better than cure.
2. Moisturize your face or apply your favorite face primer. Moisturizer keeps your skin hydrated and primer helps your foundation last longer but this step is optional.
3. If you’re using liquid foundation, put a small amount of it on the side of your hand. Take whatever tool that you’re using; get a little bit at a time.
If you’re using a powder type foundation, take your brush and swirl it around the powder and then tap the excess off.
4. For liquid foundation, dab it on or apply it with a crisscross motion. For powder foundation, apply a thin layer all over your face with a circular motion.
5. For the finishing touches – when you’re using liquid foundation, make sure that everything is even and covered. You can use powder to finish up your foundation. This will make the foundation last even longer. With powder foundations, try not to go overboard in applying it. Remember that we want something flawless but natural.
Are you flawless yet?
Some factors do affect the flawlessness of foundations when applied. Some of which are: the quality of the foundation, the formulation/coverage of the foundation and etc. The foundation shade you’ve chosen can also be one factor so make sure to apply a foundation shade that’s closest to your skin tone.
Your face is the canvas and you’re the artist. Paint like you’ve never painted before and have fun!
January 29, 2016
September 24, 2013
The ability to say and act in the manner that it true to you can have a huge effect on…
Everyone loves to have the latest looks when it comes to fashion, but very few people have the…
If you’re the type of person that’s not really into hair extensions then the next best thing is to grow…
— October 27, 2012
Did you know that our nails are made up of keratin which is the same thing our hair is made…
— September 7, 2013
Just like everyone else, celebrities need time off. That would be the perfect time for them to relax, eat out,…
— July 11, 2012
Recently, primers have made their way to every girl’s make-up kit. Not only do we have a face primers, but…
— May 23, 2011
You’ll find a whole lot of lotions, ointments, chemical and herbal options exactly where individuals can select from when obtaining…