First Find-Out Friday Post and I had fun doing it! So today, we’re going to test out Drop Dead Gorgeous Daily‘s (DDG) “How to get rid of black heads” post.
Blackheads have always been everyone’s problem including mine. If you’ve read my previous posts, you’d know that I use pore strips once a week to clean my nose. This step is followed by icing down my face, applying masks and etc. in the hopes of getting rid of these black dots permanently. Alas, no luck has been experienced in this department. 3-4 days later, they show up on my nose again. I’m sure that I’m not the only one that has gone through this, am I?
Nonetheless, a lot of people have been looking for and trying out effective ways to easily extract these bad boys — the nose strip, the metal extractor, facial scrubbing, toothbrush scrubbing and more. Sure they’re all effective and I’ve tried them all before but what I haven’t tried is DDG’s blackhead extraction technique.
1. Moisturizer/Balm – I used moisturizer. DDG used Vaseline.
2. Plastic wrap
5. Hot water
1. Pre-soak your washcloth in the hot water.
2. Apply a generous amount of balm or moisturizer on your nose.
3. Cover the area with plastic.
4. Take the washcloth and apply it on top of the plastic cover. Let it stay there for 5-6 minutes.
5. Wipe off the excess moisturizer/balm.
6. Wrap your two index fingers with tissue and begin extracting.
I found myself saying: “By George! It worked!” Look how much I got! The blackheads did come out easily but because you’d have to press gently to get them out, I wasn’t able to do extraction in some areas of my nose.
I was also left with open pores! I wanted to really clean out my nose and since the pores were still open I applied a porestrip just to see what happens.
The moment of truth arrived and I gently ripped out the pore strip with my face cringing and mouth bending from the sting that came from peeling one off.
I was totally surprised at how much more blackheads came out. I am definitely PASSING this Blackhead extraction tutorial by DDG, giving it a score of 8 out of 10; minus 2 because you’d have to actually do the pressing and you can’t really press on all the areas of your nose (coz’ it hurts and noses are just not very flexible). Try it out for yourself and see if it works for you!
- Drop Dead Gorgeous Daily’s original post.
- Drop Dead Gorgeous Daily’s Pinterest. – I found the picture here. Thank you and great job!
Don’t forget to
- Follow Getprety.Com.Au on Pinterest.
- Like Getpretty.Com.Au on Facebook.
- Share this if you’ve found it helpful!
- Visit often to read more helpful articles like this one!