Other than perfect pair of sun glasses that make you look hotter than the weather during summer, another summer item that you should have inside your closet this year are a pair of lace shorts.
They’re shorts so they go well with summer and, believe it or not, they can be paired with different tops, from t-shirts to over sized boyfriends shirts, and different shoes, from sandals to platform shoes. You could wear them to just about anywhere and the best part is, they give any plain outfit more texture and more detail.
Here are a few ideas on how you can wear lace shorts during the summer time:
1. Lace shorts + thong sandals + cool shades = Laid Back and ready to chill on a summer’s afternoon.
2. Lace shorts + loose t-shirt + beaded bib necklace + neutral colored pumps= Sophisticated and simple.
3. Lace shorts + midriff blouse + open shirt = Cute and breezy.
4. Lace shorts + long sleeved shirt/boyfriend shirt = Elegant and ready for a first date.
5. Lace shorts + loose dark colored sando + statement accessories = Edgy!
6. Lace shorts + light colored sando + heart sun glasses = Light, cool and ready for the beach.
7. Lace shorts + elbow sleeve top + vintage glasses + ballet flats = Ready to hang out and grab some coffee.
8. Lace shorts + denim shirt or denim jacket = you can never go wrong.
Here’s a great DIY video for lace shorts to inspire you even more. No sewing involved!
Materials you’ll need:
- Lace ribbons or lace fabrics
- Fabric glue
- Make sure that the lace ribbons align so your shorts sort of look like a skirt.
- It would look great if you choose a pair of shorts that are the same color as your lace ribbons.
- Let it dry over night.
Yeey for Lace Shorts!
Even if it’s not summer, you can still pull off wearing lace shorts. They’re cute, pretty, they can be edgy. In short, they’re a versatile piece to have in your wardrobe. If you pair them with your favorite vintage sunnies, you’ll always look good.